Adrenal and Hormone Testing
DUTCH Adrenal – a urine test that measures total and free cortisol, DHEA and your body’s preference for cortisol verses cortisone. This helps to access adrenal function (the H-P-A axis) related to stress, weight gain, sleep, immunity, digestion and hormone balance.
DUTCH Complete – an expanded urine test including all of the components of the DUTCH Adrenal plus testosterone, progesterone, the 3 types of estrogen and how well your body is metabolizing and detoxing estrogen. DUTCH Complete is a comprehensive look at your hormone levels to learn the cause of irregular or difficult periods, PMS, insomnia, weight gain, acne, prostate issues and more. This test also includes melatonin and markers for oxidative stress.
DUTCH Plus – test includes all components of the DUTCH Complete with the addition of morning saliva cortisol markers for the Cortisol Awakening Response. This provides more information about your stress response.
Food Allergy & Sensitivity Testing
All panels are blood tests. IgG and IgA immune cells are markers for delayed food sensitivities which can cause digestive problems (gas, bloat, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn/ GERD), joint pain, migraines, brain fog, skin rashes, acne, and more. IgE immune cells are markers for classic food allergies which cause an immediate response of hives, scratchy throat, and anaphylaxis.
- Cyrex Labs –An industry leader for IgA and IgG testing for wheat , gluten, gluten cross-reactions, plus an expanded panel measuring 180 foods (cooked and raw). Intestinal permeability (aka “Leaky Gut”) profile also offered.
- Vibrant Wellness – IgA and IgG markers of 96 foods including nightshades, grains, proteins, fruit and vegetables.
- Wheat Zoomer from Vibrant Wellness – Comprehensive panel looks at all the ways one can react to wheat and gluten including wheat germ agglutinin. This test also includes a Leaky Gut profile.
- Dunwoody Labs– IgE markers along with IgG4 which can block IgE. Measuring both helps determine the severity of the reaction. Plus IgG or delayed food sensitivity reactions with complement marker. This provides a comprehensive look at which foods cause inflammation. Intestinal permeability (aka “Leaky Gut”) profile also offered.
Digestion – Stool and Breath Testing
Proper digestion and a well-balanced microbiome are crucial to optimal health. Not only does it affect digestion itself (gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, abdominal pain) but it also affects mood through neurotransmitters; immune system through inflammation, autoimmunity and allergies; detoxification and hormones; plus skin, sleep and metabolism (weight management).
Stool tests – both cultured and PCR-DNA stool tests are offered. Markers include: digestive function – fat and protein absorption; immune and inflammation; metabolic function and intestinal permeability – short chain fatty acids; microbiome – commensals (the good bugs); and pathogens (the bag bugs) including parasites, bacteria, yeast/ Candida, and H. Pylori.
- GI Pathogens Plus by DRG – PCR/ DNA: measures digestive function, immunity, inflammation and pathogens including virulence factors, plus antibiotic resistant genes.
- GI Map by Diagnostics Solutions Laboratory – PCR/DNA: measures digestive function, immunity, inflammation, viruses, pathogens including virulence factors, and commensals; option for zonulin (a marker for intestinal permeability, aka “leaky gut”).
- GI Effects from Genova – Culture & PCR: measures digestive function, immunity, inflammation, pathogens and commensals (measured by PRC technology); option for zonulin (a marker for intestinal permeability, aka “leaky gut”); option for H. Pylori.
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis by Great Plains – Culture: measures digestive function, immunity, inflammation, pathogens and commensals; also measures susceptibility or resistance to antimicrobial herbs and antibiotics.
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis / Parasitology x3 by Dunwoody Labs – Culture: measures digestive function, immunity, inflammation, pathogens and commensals.
- Gut Zoomer, by Vibrant Wellness – measures pathogens plus an expansive panel on all of your good bugs (the commensals).
SIBO Breath Test
SIBO Breath Test, BioHealth – 3 hour lactulose challenge test measuring hydrogen and methane gases for Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth. Interpretation includes analysis for hydrogen sulfide gas. Glucose challenge test available also.
Nutrients, Metabolism, Detox and Microbiome
Organix Comprehensive Profile by Genova – this urine test is of one of my favorites since it covers so many areas of health by measuring “organic acids.” According to Genova’s website, “Organic acids are metabolic intermediates that are produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, or intestinal microbial activity.” This test determines imbalances in metabolism and neurotransmitters (which influence depression, anxiety and other mood issues), nutrient deficiencies, antioxidant status, oxidative stress, detoxification function, and dysbiosis (the balance of good and bad bugs within your microbiome).
Micronutrient Testing by Spectracell Laboratories – blood test that measures 33 vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids, antioxidants, and metabolites to determine sources of fatigue, thyroid imbalance, hormone imbalances, and more. This test is great for those on restricted diets for digestive health or vegans who may need to supplement certain nutrients. Spectracell’s patented technology is unique since it measures your nutrient status within your white blood cells, which provides a more accurate analysis of deficiencies.
MTHFR Genotype by Spectracell Laboratories – blood test for the MTHFR gene mutation (or SNP) which affects how your body uses certain nutrients, including B12 and folate. SNPs influence cardiovascular health, fertility, immunity, mental health, and detoxification.