Jen Marshall, CNT
Stacy St Germain, CNT
Jen Marshall created Be Balanced Healing in 2013 under the following guiding principles. These values are part of our life and the practice. We strive to pass them along to our clients
Our bodies are always trying to get back to a state of balance, a process called homeostasis. Given the right tools and ingredients it will find balance again. Our lives are a constant juggling exercise. When we find balance, things fall into place. We help you find balance internally with nutrients and externally at home, work and play. We meet you where you are and help you incorporate lasting lifestyle changes, without spending all of your time in the kitchen. Yes, cooking is part of this but we’ll show you how to be efficient and balance it with the rest of the wonderful things in your life.
Jen founded the practice on her balanced interests: half spiritual, half scientific. Stacy’s journey in health lead her down a similar path and is a synergistic addition to the practice. You’ll also see that we’re wholly authentic and like to laugh.
We will teach you how your body works. Education provides empowerment so you can take charge of your own health. We like to use diagrams, draw pictures and give little biochemistry lessons.
We practice holistic nutrition, which means we:
- Use real, unprocessed foods with healing nutrients to promote health
- Help you to identify the right foods for your unique body at this time of your life
- Support the balance of macronutrients and micronutrient needs based on your body’s biochemistry
- Consider and optimize the external situations that affect your health such as stress, sleep, environmental toxins, mindfulness, and having time for play and happiness
- Apply a root-cause approach to promote healing from within
Jen practices functional nutrition which includes:
- Finding the root cause with deep detective work including functional lab testing
- Utilizing knowledge of biochemistry and science
- Evidence based methodologies
- A natural healing approach to find optimal health using real food
- Belief that the mind and body are one in the same
- Mindfulness practices to connect with our spiritual side and the importance of laughter and fun to create the right conditions for healing
Health Starts in Your Gut
- Digestion is the source of nutrients that power the functions of your body
- Home to the microbiome (the ecosystem of friendly bacteria) which influence digestion, inflammation, immune function, brain health, detoxification, hormone balance and your metabolism (weight loss and mood are effected by your gut!)
- Houses most of your immune system to fight off invaders (colds & the flu) and to regulate inflammation and autoimmunity with your microbiome
- We are fascinated with the gut and are constantly learning more about it and how it relates to the rest of your body
Passion and Tenacity
We’re passionate about sharing health with others and using tenacity to find the root cause of your ailments. We’re dedicated to solving your puzzle, with your commitment. Are you ready?
Education and Credentials
- Jen received the Master Nutrition Therapy certification from Nutrition Therapy Institute in Denver, Colorado. She’s Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition® from the Holistic Nutrition Credentialing Board (HNCB). She received a Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration from the University of New Hampshire.
- Stacy received a Certified Nutrition Therapy Practitioner certification from Nutrition Therapy Institute in Denver, Colorado and is finalizing a certification in Master Nutrition Therapy. She also has a Bachelor’s of Science in Business Administration from Colorado State University.
Jen is a lifelong student and stays on top of nutrition research by participating in many continuing education courses for advance certifications. The most recent include:
- Two and half year-long Functional Medicine Mentorship with Dr. Diane Mueller, ND and Dr. Miles Nichols, Lac, MSOM of Living Love Mindfulness Medicine
- Microbiome Science, by Tom Fabian, Phd, CNTP
- Understanding MTHFR and the Biochemical Pathways of Methylation, by Coleen Walsh, MFA, MNT
- 5-part Functional Medicine Series with Dr. Brandon Lundell, DC, DABCI, APC, IFMCP, Dipl. Ac.
Stacy has additional classroom training that includes:
- Personal Observations for Nutritional Deficiencies, by Dr. Keri Brown,ND
- Nutritional Lab Assessments, by Dr Karrina Wallace
Affiliations and Memberships
Jen and Stacy are both active member of National Association for Nutrition Professionals
Stacy also volunteers with the Boulder Valley School Food Project where she enjoys participating in projects that teach kids about healthy eating.
Before pursuing a career in nutrition Jen worked in PR and marketing for the organic food industry. Most of this time was with the charismatic boutique communications agency based in Boulder, Colo. Fresh Ideas Group. Her tenure in this field helped shape her knowledge of the complexity of today’s food politics and how they impact your health. She spent her formative years waiting tables, and then nearly 2 years in retail-based nutrition counseling for dogs and cats. (Yes, really!)
Stacy found her way to nutrition via a high-pressure global corporate job where she worked with technical teams to provide standardized service delivery for Fortune 500 companies. She has a background in human resources and program management and has always been passionate about helping people achieve their goals.