Have you been diagnosed with an autoimmune condition and been told that there’s nothing you can do about it?
Nutrition can help.
An autoimmune condition means that your immune system is confused and has started to attack your body instead of, or in addition to, its regular job of attacking real invaders (like a virus). The result is widespread inflammation. Nutrition can help extinguish the flames of inflammation and rebalance your immune system.
Whether you have Hashimoto’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Crohn’s, Celiac, Sjogren’s, or any other autoimmune condition, the same underlying process is occurring – a confused, hyperactive immune system attacking your cells and tissues. The source of all autoimmune conditions is the same, even though symptoms vary and the condition affects different body parts.
Autoimmune Condition = A Genetic Susceptibility + a Trigger (stress, environmental toxin, a virus, gluten, more) + A confused Immune System from Leaky Gut
Yes, your gut is a big contributor to autoimmunity because most of your immune system resides in your digestive tract. This is true even if you don’t have digestive symptoms! By addressing all of these contributors, we will use nutrition to support your autoimmune condition.
You’ve probably been researching different nutritional plans and supplemental protocols online but the amount of information can be paralyzing. There are many different meal plans for autoimmunity and some are very extreme. It can take months, or years, of research and trial and error to sort it out on your own. We are here to help. We have worked with many people who are where you are right now and we can help you find the right individualized diet and supplement plan.
A functional nutrition plan for autoimmunity incorporates a holistic approach toward balancing your body:
- DIET: we’ll find out what foods your immune system has decided are invaders. Whether it’s gluten-free, grain-free, nightshade-free, or a combination, like Autoimmune Paleo (AIP), you’ll receive meal guidance and a plan specifically catered to your needs and lifestyle.
- INTESTINAL PERMEABILITY (aka Leaky Gut): we’ll find out what triggers contributed to your autoimmune condition – food, stress, imbalanced microbiome (the gut bugs) – and work to strengthen your body’s recovery and rebalance.
- HEALTHY BACTERIA BALANCE: we’ll use specialized testing to find out what gut bugs are out of balance and work through diet, lifestyle and nutrients to create harmony in your microbiome again.
- LOWER INFLAMMATION: using anti-inflammatory nutrients.
- BALANCE HORMONES: we’ll look at your hormone balance, specifically the balance of estrogen, which is a player in autoimmunity.
- BALANCE STRESS RESPONSE: we’ll look at your stress hormones and their triggers, specifically eating habits, lifestyle and sleep. A body under stress is less able to come back into balance.
- FLUSH TOXINS: we’ll support your liver and look at ways you can avoid toxin exposures in your everyday life. Toxins trigger an imbalanced immune system.
- FIND RELIEF: from your symptoms such as insomnia, anxiety, fatigue, pain, digestive issues, and more. We’ll help you find the relief that is waiting for you.
Together we’ll create a customized plan of attack so you can get relief, calm your immune system, and feel better.
Contact us for a FREE 20-minute consultation and learn how we can help you find relief from your autoimmune condition.
Nutrition therapy is not intended as a diagnosis, treatment, prescription, or cure for any disease, or as a substitute for medical care.